Monday, May 16, 2005

 

THE CHANGED WORLD

In my childhood
When I visited my grandparents’ house
25 miles away
Down the river,
I found the pebbles
Across the river beds
so beautiful,
The songs of the birds
so soothing,
The foams that danced on the tiny waves
So impressive.
My soul travelled in wonderlands
On the wings of the wind,
And, the splash of the oar so thrilling
As every splash it made
Took me nearer to the dearest hearts:
My grandparents, great grandma, uncles, aunts.

Great grandma, grandparents, uncles, aunts, and their children –
Their affection for me is evergreen;
But only the world has changed
For, now no longer I hear carefree songs of birds,
No longer do the foams dance on the waves
For me
Nor the wind, nor the pebbles attract me
any more
During my journey to my grandparents’ house
25 miles away
Down the river.
Comments:
hello Paritosh, i like ur blog and hope ur email address!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?